So what is a Perm?
-A perm chemical product mainly containing lye, water, and petroleum jelly.
So what is lye?
- Lye is also know as Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH)
What are uses for lye?
- Laundry detergent
- pool cleaners
- metal polishers
- drain cleaners
- oh and of course straightening black hair
What does a relaxer do?
-Relaxers break down disulphide bonds that hold hair proteins together
-p.s. hair is consisted of 90% proteins
- chemical burns that could lead to scalp and hair follicle permanent damage
- Strips hair of amino acids and moisture
- Hair loss
- damage protective outer layer of hair
- dry and brittle that breaks off
- weak hair
- there is none... damage is irreversible